Market data Hair Care Appliances 2015
Market research Personal Care Appliances category
- In 2016, the global hair care market is estimated to be worth about USD 83.1 billion.
- The global personal care electrical appliance market is expected to reach $22.8 billion by 2020.
- Hair care appliances hold the larger share in this market followed by hair removal appliances, collectively capturing around 75% of the global market throughout the forecast period. North America is the largest market and is expected to retain its position during the forecast period. The demand for personal care electrical appliances is growing at a steady pace.
- Growing population and improving economic conditions are the key reasons fueling the growth of personal care markets in these regions. (Reuters 2015 July)
- The market’s growth will be driven largely by demand for hair care and hair removal appliances, which will account for 75 percent of the market over the forecast period, the report states.
- Research identified that North America will continue to lead the market, followed by Europe.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest CAGR at 10.5% over the forecast period, although it is expected to remain the third largest market by 2020.
- Amongst hair care appliances, the hair stylers market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR, at 8.4 percent, as more consumers invest in hair styling products alongside straighteners.
View our lots
The Helen of Troy Corporation
- Helen of Troy Corporation designs, markets, and distributes quality hair care appliances and related products worldwide. The company commands a strong and growing position with its products for the consumer market, which it sells under the license Vidal Sassoon and Revlon brand names
- The Company's Personal Care segment's products include electric hair care, beauty care and wellness appliances; grooming tools and accessories, and liquid, solid and powder-based personal care and grooming products. Its key brands include Revlon, Vidal Sassoon, Dr. Scholl's, Toni&Guy, Sure, Pert Plus, Infusium 23, Brut, Ammens, Hot Tools, Bed Head, Karina, Sea Breeze, Gold 'N Hot, Carel, Ogilvie, Shear Technology, DCNL, Comare and Scholl Vidal Sassoon’s first salon opened in 1954 and originated the open and modern design of the hair salon as we know it
- Vidal Sassoon revolutionized the hair industry, inspiring trends for decades to come. His unique perspective on the art of hairdressing, which evolved into global salons, academies and multiple product lines, continues to transform the way women care for their hair today.
- Toni & Guy is an international hair care business, which was established in London, United Kingdom in 1963
- The firm has opened many salons and academies around the world in countries such as Canada, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Russia, New Zealand, Pakistan, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Norway, and United States of America
- They sell widely in the UK, USA, Asia and UAE – the company has a good established name via their hair care salons and hair care products chain
- Vidal Sassoon and Toni & Guy are both highly present on all major retailer online shops delivering quality and competitive prices from the USA to Australia
- The Helen of Troy corporation is in the top 5 best selling personal care appliance manufacturers with established brands that promise both quality and innovative design